If you are struggling to buy a quality mattress, there is a lot you should know before you make that move to order one and get a good night’s sleep. There is no catch-all best mattress out there. There are a lot of factors that you want to consider when buying your mattress.
You will probably shop for your mattress based on the type, size, sleeping position, quality, and price. Here is a simple guide when shopping for a mattress in the UK.
Type of mattress
There are different types of mattresses you can buy if you are shopping for the first time. Some of the best types of the mattress include:
– Memory foam mattress: This is a type of mattress that molds into your body and offers personal comfort that other products in the market cannot offer. This mattress has different comfort levels by having different thickness and layers.
– Pocket sprung mattress: This is the most common type of mattress in the UK. The springs in this type of mattress give you a bouncy feel, and the best ones are made of breathable natural materials like wool for comfort.
– Latex mattress: A latex mattress includes a layer of latex foam that has similar properties to a memory foam mattress. It offers a different sleeping experience that you will like the most as a woman.
– Rolled mattress: This is a modern mattress that can be easily compacted and stored in a manageable way than your ordinary mattress.
– Dual-core mattresses: This type of mattress ensures those with different sleeping preferences find comfort. The mattress has two separate foam cores, which can be flipped to give you firmness on both sides.
Size of mattress
You can also shop for a mattress depending on the size you want. For the UK market, these are some of the common mattresses you can find in the market (for full guide, you can refer to this UK bed and mattresses sizes guide):
– Single mattress: This one measures 90cm x 190 cm or 3’ x 6.3”
– Small double mattress: 120cm x 190 cm or 4” x 6.3”
– Double mattresses: 150cm x 190 cm or 4.6” x 6.3”
– King size mattresses: 150cm x 200 cm or 5” x 6.6”
– European king mattresses: 160cm x 200cm or 5.3” x 6.6”
– Super King mattresses: 180cm x 200cm or 6” x 6.6”
Body sleeping position
We all have different sleeping positions, and we should buy a mattress that fits our sleeping style. Choosing the right mattress is crucial for your health and wellbeing.
If you are a hot sleeper, you should go for a cooling mattress to help you stay at a comfortable temperature throughout the night.
For back pain, you need a mattress with some foam for pressure relief and medium firmness for level support and spine alignment.
When shopping for a new mattress, you should look for the best quality in the market. A good quality mattress is good for your health. Look for a mattress that is responsive and not too short.
If you’re going for a pocket springs mattress, you want to ensure it does not creak or dig in when you are lying down. The mattress should also be even to give you a more personalized experience when you sleep.
Choosing the best quality mattress is not that easy. You should shop with the best mattress store that offers you a wide variety of mattresses to choose from. If you are looking for a quality mattress, you can visit Nicky Cornell stores for the best deal on single and double mattresses.